NEC & OU campaign to widen access to higher education
In response to a 50% decline in the number of students aged over 21 entering in to higher education in the last 10 years, the Open University and NEC have committed to working together to identify what holds adult learners back and how best to remove those barriers.
Sharing the vision of their joint founder, Michael Young, who wanted to extend educational opportunities to people who could not “turn up regularly for ordinary classes”, both organisations have agreed a memorandum of understanding to campaign jointly to reverse the decline.
Studying with NEC
- Personal support from a subject-specialist tutor
- Exam centre places for written, oral and practical exams
- Enrol at any time of the year and start studying straight away
- Flexible study at a pace that fits around your life and commitments
- Course fees payable in monthly instalments from 0% APR
- Special offer for home educators
- Specialist support for schools and colleges
- ELCAS-approved provider for forces personnel
- Not-for-profit provider and registered educational charity
- Founded as a pilot for the Open University