Maths is about solving problems and detecting patterns, predicting behaviour and outcomes. It provides a way of understanding and describing the world around us. AS level Maths gives you the tools to study and understand abstract ideas and analytical processes.
This course is one of our new Gold Star AS levels. Find out more about them here.
Duration of study
- Algebra 1
- Indices and surds
- Coordinate geometry
- Trigonometry 1
Section 2 - Pure mathematics 2
- Algebra 2
- The binomial expansion
- Differentiation 1
- Exponentials and logarithms 1
Section 3 - Pure mathematics 3
- Trigonometry 2
- Differentiation 2
- Exponentials and logarithms 2
Section 4 - Statistics 1
- Mathematical models in statistics
- Measures of location and spread
- Representing data
- Hypothesis testing
Section 5 - Mechanics 1
Exams and assessment
- 2 hours, 62.5% of marks (calculator)
- 1 hour 15 minutes, 37.5% of marks (calculator)
Non-exam assessment (NEA):
This course has:
- 1 introductory assignment
- 5 assignments
Set texts and resources
- Windows 7 or later
- Mac OSX 10.7 or later
- Google Chrome OS
- Android 4.4 or later, using the Chrome browser
- iOS 6 or later, using the Safari browser
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
- Safari 6 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later (excluding IE11)
learn@nec may work on other operating systems and browsers with some restrictions. You can see full details of the system requirements by clicking here.
How to enrol
- Click the ‘Enrol now’ button above.
- Telephone us on 0800 389 2839 or +44(0)1223 400200 and speak to our course advice team.
- Ask us to send you an enrolment form which you can complete and return by post.
Paying in instalments
Amount of credit:
Duration of agreement:
Rate of interest:
0% APR representative.
The National Extension College (NEC) is the trading name of the Open School Trust, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 676788). Finance is provided through the Deko platform by a number of lenders. You will be offered the best rate available based on your credit history and the lenders’ credit decision policies.
Deko is a trading name of Pay4Later Ltd who act as a credit intermediary. They are registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/faq or visit www.dekopay.com.
Thank you for your interest in this course.
Please fill out your details below, and you will receive an email containing a link to download the course sample.